After sharing their high/low, Jake and Brett discuss the reality of the Christmas season and how, upon deeper examination, the holidays can expose important dynamics in our hearts.
- There is a way to discern the promptings of the Holy Spirit
- Anything we do in love doesn’t fail; so if it’s in love, just do it
- The holidays can be wonderful and difficult
- Finances can be difficult especially over the holidays
- The holidays can expose immature and self-centred places in us
- The internal narratives can be especially powerful over the holidays
- Christmas is a time we can see how we’ve grown or not
- The pressures and expectations around Christmas can be hard
- Have meaningful conversations with spouse and family about needs and expectations over the holidays can be helpful
- We can rise above (acknowledge it, face it, choose to be a good man)
- The coming of Jesus into our world is the true centrepiece of Christmas
- Christmas shows how God not only comes into our world but also into our lives and hearts and wounds
- What struck you from this episode?
- What are some of your joys and irritations with the Christmas season?
- If you looked back at previous years, what are a couple of things that would make this season better for you and your loved ones?
- What does the Christmas season expose in you?
- How can you enter in more deeply this Christmas season?
- (None this week)