Jake and Brett are joined by their friend Fr. Simon Lobo, pastor at St. Benedict’s Parish in Halifax. They all discuss the dynamics of the heart that make a good leader in a parish as well as in the family and world.
“Humility is an essential function in leadership.” (Craig Groeschel)
- Fr Simon Lobo is the pastor of St. Benedict parish in Halifax. He followed Fr. James Mallon in leading this parish.
- Leading well is about blessing those around you and those who come after you
- Men can suffer from masculine comparison
- We need to be careful what we covet
- Leadership is about making a gift of ourselves
- Success is about pouring into the one after you
- Masculinity and leadership requires embracing the cross
- What struck you from this episode?
- Who are the father’s that have fathered you well? What did they offer you?
- What do you covet? Do you feel you are ready for the weight of that responsibility? Why? Why not?
- What is hard about the idea of “embracing the cross?” What is hopeful or good? How is this masculine?