After sharing about an experience of attending a funeral, Jake and Brett talk about what some call the eulogy virtues, which are ways of living life that emphasize the character of a person more than their skills.
“What do you want to be remembered by? (Brett Powell)
- The things we want said about us at our funeral can but matters into perspective
- We can miss wonderful depth of a truth or quote by just acknowledging it and not lingering with it
- We live in a soundbite culture
- Esse quam videri – “To be rather than to appear”
- How we approach the eulogy virtues is completely different than how we approach the resume virtues
- The eulogy virtues are really about our presence in the world
- We need grace and the love of God poured into us
- What struck you from this episode?
- What would you like to be said at your funeral?
- What are some “eulogy virtues” you admire?
- What are some “resume virtues” you overemphasize?