The wives are back for part 2 of their discussion continued from last episode. This week, Jake & Brett invite their wives to share the feminine perspective on masculine heart. Andrea & Heather share how their husbands have led them well and also how they have challenged and encouraged them to grow when they weren’t at their best. This conversation is helpful not only for married couples but also any man who one day wants to be married and any man who wants to heal broken parts of his heart.
- Heather & Andrea share the feminine perspective on the masculine heart
- John Eldridge’s 3 core principles/needs of the masculine heart.
- A battle to fight
- A beauty to rescue
- An adventure to live
- Brett protects while hiking and therefore Andrea feels safe and can focus on and point out the beauty. This is an example of complementarity
- Heather shares how Jake’s strength can be a huge blessing or a negative depending on how it is used
- The important things for men are often physical (truck, knife, etc.) but growing internally (character, virtue, etc.) is more important
- What struck you about this episode?
- Who are the models of masculinity in your life?
- Do you have male friends where you can keep each other accountable?
- Have you had an experience where one of your strengths was used in a negative way? What did you learn from that situation?
- What are the most important physical objects in your life? What do they mean to you?
- Who are the men you turn to for guidance and see as role models? What is it about them that inspires you?
- (for married men) How has your wife helped you to grow as a man? How can you improve to become an even better helpmate for her?
- (for single men) What virtue do you need to grow in in order to be prepared well for your vocation?