Brett & Jake are joined by Fr. BJ Hamilton for a conversation on the importance of sharing and showing love as a father. They discuss the similarities between the heart of a dad and that of a priest. They share hardships and triumphs and what they have learned about how to love better as a man.
- Brett shares a heavy heart about a family he and his wife are praying with through a tough situation
- Jake shares about the rekindling of his relationship with Mary
- Fr. talks about the struggle as a pastor on missing his flock during Covid.
- There are many similarities between the heart of a good dad and a good priest
- Choosing to continually do small acts of love builds up the will
- Jesus didn’t just ask us to love one another, he commanded it.
- Discussion on the importance of saying “I love you”
- The importance of the interior lives of our priests and praying for them.
- What struck you about this episode?
- Who is a family that you know going through a tough situation that you can pray for today?
- Who is a priest that you know that you can pray for today?-How is your relationship with Mary?
- What is a small act of the will that you can consistently choose this week to love your family well?
- There was a lot of focus on the St. John of the Cross quote this week. Where is somewhere in your life lacking love and how can you put love there?
- Corpus Christi Youtube Channel (Fr. Hamilton’s parish)