In this second part of a conversation with Fr. Richard Conlin about winning the battle of the mind, Jake and Brett discuss how to prepare for the battle of the mind before it even begins. Preparations include spending time in prayer, immersing yourself in scripture and surrounding yourself with allies. The three men share common scenarios that men find themselves in and how to change thought patterns during these crucial moments.
- Attack before the enemy begins. Wake up and pray/read Scripture.
- Have allies in the battle
- Remember that inner thoughts and reality can be very different
- Interpret things through a lens in relationships. Frustration can be compounded when we react to others as if they intended to wrong us when they may not have.
- Invite Jesus into the situation. Ask for clarity and how best to move forward
- The men provide strategies to engage in the battlefield of the mind when it comes to temptation toward impurity
- What struck you about this episode?
- How can you prepare for the battle of the mind before it even begins?
- Who can be an ally in the battle of the mind? How can they help?
- What situations do you need to invite Jesus into?