We all have times in our life where the stress piles up and the tasklist seems endless. This week, Jake and Brett go down an unscripted route as they dive a little deeper into the reasons behind our desire to control as men. They talk about how to handle busy seasons as a man of God, how to find some sanity and learn the important difference between domination and dominion.
- Overcoming an endless list of tasks
- What in our life do we try to control?
- Looking below the surface of control to our interior state: are we seeking domination or dominion
- The difference between domination and dominion
- In times of chaos, find simple tasks that you can complete
- The difference between mistakes and sins
- What struck you about this episode?
- How do you typically deal with stressful, task-heavy seasons of life?
- What things in your life are you seeking to control in order to satisfy your own needs (domination)?
- What are some things in your life that you are able to approach with a spirit of dominion? How do you see fruitfulness in that dominion?
- What tasks that help you emotionally regulate?
- What have you learned from your mistakes?
Resources (none this week)